Now that the Great British Bake Off is back, I am baking at least once a week so that I can have a treat whilst watching the show (why watch a show with sweet treats without having one yourself to munch on?!). This is one of my favourite shows, and so I thought I would bake some cookies because biscuit week is one of my favourites and who doesn’t like a chocolate cookie!? This recipe is by Nigella Lawson, and this makes the perfect golden brown soft cookies.
Lets get baking!
You will need:
150g Unsalted butter
125g Brown Muscovado Sugar
100g Caster sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 egg (fridge-cold)
1 egg yolk (fridge-cold)
300g self-raising flour
1 x 200g packet of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars in a bowl, pour in the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
- Beat in the vanilla, cold egg, and cold egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Slowly mix in the flour until just blended, and then fold in the chocolate chip cookies (you can also add some white or dark chocolate).
- Create small balls of the cookie dough in your palm and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave about 3 inches/8cm between them. You will need to do this in 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the sides are toasted and the cookies are a nice golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- You can serve this with a glass of milk or I personally prefer a cup of tea. Also you want something a little more sweet you can make these into cookie sandwiches, by putting some ice cream sandwiched between two cookies (I would recommend giving this a try!).
I hope you enjoy baking these treats as much as I did!